Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hawaii- Day 8

Our last day.
We slept in as usual.
Packed up and checked out.
Went to breakfast at Bubba Gump's.
Walked down to the pier to wait for our boat.
The whale watching boat that we went on on Wednesday had a guarantee whale sighting or you come again for free. So we decided to try again to see some whales up close before we left (we had already seen them pretty much every time we were at the beach).
And lucky us. The sun came out and we saw lots of whales. I really wanted to see a whale breech like we had seen from about a mile away when we were playing in the water at the White Sands beach, but NO! That is okay we still had fun watching the whales surf in the waves.
And Chris and I entertained ourselves on the way back to the pier. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time.
I think the island was sad that we were leaving. The rest of the day was very overcast and it poured. We did a little shopping and actually went to the movies. Our vacation was just the right amount of time. We were able to do everything that we wanted and it was long enough that we were ready to go home and see our babies.

No comments: