
We started day 5 right on the water.
We went and rented some kayaks and drove down to Kealakekua Bay.
Within about 5 minutes of being on the water we were surrounded by dolphins.
There was a lady out of her kayak right next to us who was snorkeling with them and said there was a pod right underneath us. Not really thinking I grabbed my snorkel gear and jumped out.
I was kind of sad that they swam away, but relieved really because I am scared to death of everything in the water!

I got back in and we kayaked over to Captain Cook's monument.

We both got out and did some snorkeling. Anytime that Chris got out of reach I was high tailing it to be right next to him. It was amazing how blue the water was. We had a picnic lunch in our kayak in the middle of the ocean surrounded by dolphins doing tricks for us. It was pretty awesome!

We brought our kayak back and headed to the beach. The weather was pretty overcast and I was cold before we even got in the water, but once we were in it was so fun. The waves were huge and we had fun just riding them in.

The White Sands Beach park. It is also called the "Magic Sands" because the beach can quickly disappear. I think that was my favorite afternoon!

We went back to our hotel to shower and warm up and then we headed to dinner at Rosa's Cantina. It was a yummy Mexican restaurant down the street from our hotel that overlooked the bay. We spent the rest of the night sitting next to the ocean watching the waves come in.

Another fun day on the Big Island!
1 comment:
All of your Hawaii pictures are unbelievable. Soo gorgeous!!! I need to me a water camera. Looks like a blast!!
Post a Comment