Thursday, February 24, 2011

7 stiches

Saturday afternoon we were leaving Lucy's birthday party when Chloe accidentally slammed her fingers in the door. It was just a couple of weeks ago that I was saying that we have never had to get any of our kids stitched up!!
Chris was at home with a sick Cooper and I didn't handle the incident as well as I thought I could, so I am so thankful for Jeremy coming to the rescue. He calmed Chloe down, cleaned her up and sent us on our way to the quick care to get her stitched up. Chris met us there and stayed with her while I took Cooper. The picture seriously doesn't do it justice it looked way worse and she got the other sides too of her 3 middle fingers. I asked her if I could take a picture of her stitches, but she really freaked out the first time we had to change her bandage. She was crying saying that they were ugly and just wanted us to hurry and put the bandage on. She was too cute, a little dramatic, but still cute!!

It was her right hand too, so she has gotten an easy week at school, her teacher has been really great to her. And Monday we go to get her stitches out. It has been a long week for Chloe though. She can't do a lot of things by herself without her right hand, so I have been showering her, dressing her and even doing her homework=) It is a good thing I love this girl!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yikes! that's too bad. ryan was just saying he needs to practice stitches...too bad we weren't there to stitch her for you :)

Bre said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of her finger sent chills up my spine! Poor thing! I'm sure you handled it way better than I would have! I hope she gets better soon. She's lucky to have such a sweet mommy to take such good care of her. Hugs to Chloe!!

Cal Air - Air Conditioing and Heating said...

Oh Poor Girl!! She looks all happy showing off her battle wounds in that last picture though.

Chelsea said...

You are one good Momma! Reag was really sad for Chloe and wanted to go and check on her. Too bad we're not down the street anymore. :(

Emily said...

OUCH!!! what a tough girl! i'm pretty sure i would NOT be smiling if that happened to me :)