He was a good man and he lived a good life.
My grandpa was a Marine.

I am thankful that my grandma is such an awesome lady. Even though it was so hard for her she was always worrying about others and how it was hard on them. She made sure that we all had an opportunity to say good bye to grandpa and allowed us to be with him while he passed away.
It was not a fun event but it was neat one. I loved seeing my grandma's love shown for Grandpa. I thought that the Marines did a great job at the burial.
They gave out little American flags to wave by the graveside.
Side note: At the vigil Gary, my grandpa's son was talking about him giving his eulogy, he said that he was known as "Captain Safety". We grandkids always called him that when we were little, but didn't know his son did too. That was pretty funny in and of itself. Then he said that there must have been some pretty serious safety concerns in heaven and that it is why he was taken from this earth.

No comments:
Post a Comment