Monday, July 2, 2012

Random Trip

 06.25.12
Chelsea and I have been trying to plan a date to get together for a while now and with her busy schedule and my busy schedule it just hasn't been that easy. So last Sunday I text her and asked her what she was doing the next day. She had some errands and other stuff she needed to do, but dropped it all so we could come play! Nick had baseball practice so he stayed with Grandma Karen for the day while the other kids and I headed to St. George. We stopped at Chelsea's house first to chat and let the kids play before we went to grab some lunch at Kneader's. My grandma had just been in St. George and said I needed to go this cute little cafe and bakery. It was very yummy! We took our lunch to go and ate at a little rock river/ splash pad. My kids LOVED it! And even Aubrey went in after a little while.
After we couldn't handle sweating anymore we made the kids leave to go get snow cones. 
Nick was nice enough to let us come hang out at work with him for a little bit, so the kids could have a mini field trip to the St. George Airport. He took us for a ride in the BIG firetruck, turned the sirens on, and shot the water hose. We watched some little private planes take off and the kids even got to try on some fire gear. As you can tell from the pictures Alex LOVED it! I can't remember what he was saying while he was dancing, but he made me laugh!
We couldn't stay much longer after that. Our dad gave us a curfew, so we grabbed Pizza Factory and headed home. Definitely a fun filled day! Thanks Chelsea!!

No comments: