Saturday, July 21, 2012

{Quick Trip}

 Wednesday morning I dropped Chris off to go to Scout Camp, came home loaded up and drove to the beach for the day. We grew up doing quick trips, so last week my mom suggested one and since Chris was going to be gone I was happy to come along!
It was me, my kids, Juli, her kids, Katie, my mom, and my grandma.

We played on the beach all afternoon. The boys did a little boogie boarding. I was a little nervous having a 5 year old with no fear of the ocean. I am kind of glad that the water was freezing because that meant my skinny, little Cooper wouldn't stay out there too long.
Aubrey didn't like the sand too much at the beginning. She kept saying, "mess-mess!". She was scared of the water at first too, but after a little bit she loved it and didn't want to get out even though she was so cold. She loved jumping in the waves, while I held her of course!
We spent lots of time digging holes, that is my favorite thing to do and burying the kids in the sand.

 The next day we went to Downtown Disney before heading home. The kids played a few games and then Grandma let all the kids pick a little something.
We headed out just as it was heating up and getting super busy.
We stopped at Chick Fil-A for lunch. It was yummy and it was nice to let the kids play for a while before we were back in the car AGAIN. 
I am usually not a fan of quick trips because I HATE being in the car, but it was nice. Good company and the kids were so good the whole time.
Thanks Mom and Grandma for a nice little trip!

No comments: