Saturday, May 2, 2009

Stake Track Meet

This morning our stake sponsored a 5k and a track meet. Each ward was a different color. Desert View was green.We started off with the 5k. Chris had his dad come watch the kids because they were still sleeping, and he had been practicing so he wanted to run it. I on the other hand partly wanted the kids there to be my excuse and the other part of me thought I could run it no problem. I am not exactly sure why I thought this. I haven't ran more than a couple of minutes in the last 4 months. Chris started off next to me, but ditched me after a couple of minutes because I was slowing him down. He finished in about 26 minutes (I think!) and I mostly walked and finished in about 37 minutes. The whole time I was thinking that I need to get back into shape, I really can't handle Chris beating me. Running was probably one of the few things that I was better at than him, and I need it to be that way again!
After the run, we had a real track meet. Chris was in the 4x200 relay. He did super good! I had no idea that he could move that fast. Chris had some other good runners with him and our ward won that relay. I think he surprised more than just me. Nick did a race with all the 5 and 6 year olds. They did a full lap around the track and he came in fourth place. He was so proud of himself. Alex did a 100m race with the 3 year olds and came in 5th. He was in total lala land and had no idea what he was doing, we just kept yelling "RUN Alex!". Chloe opted to not run. She was wearing flip flops and most likely would have taken a nice spill. And I was in the last relay of the day, a 8x100. Luckily I only had to run half of what Chris did because I never would have never made it.
Hopefully we will get to do this again...and I plan on being in better shape next time!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a fun activity for your family to do together!! Sounds like you all did a great job :)