Mine
This morning Chloe and I started making her birthday invitations. More me than her, but we were having a good time. She was writing all her guest's names on the envelopes while I cut and glued. We were only part way done when we had to push it aside to go get Alex. I knew we had a busy afternoon, so I figured we would finish them tomorrow morning. So after I pick the kids up from school I set the three older ones at the table with homework to do. Nick knows what to do and Chloe and Alex's is just coloring so I go upstairs to get ready. When I come down I find that Chloe has gotten scissors out and finished her invitations by herself. I was furious! At first I couldn't even yell at her. And then I let her have it. I slowly got over it and we finished adressing her envelopes...
This morning Chloe and I started making her birthday invitations. More me than her, but we were having a good time. She was writing all her guest's names on the envelopes while I cut and glued. We were only part way done when we had to push it aside to go get Alex. I knew we had a busy afternoon, so I figured we would finish them tomorrow morning. So after I pick the kids up from school I set the three older ones at the table with homework to do. Nick knows what to do and Chloe and Alex's is just coloring so I go upstairs to get ready. When I come down I find that Chloe has gotten scissors out and finished her invitations by herself. I was furious! At first I couldn't even yell at her. And then I let her have it. I slowly got over it and we finished adressing her envelopes...Then after the kids were already in bed. I pull out the invitations to show Chris. He asks if Chloe really did it all by herself, I responded "YES, and I was pissed!!". Chris had to point out that this was something that I would have done when I was little. So after a huge guilt trip I had to go wake my sleeping girl and tell her that I was proud of her and that she did do a great job.
Really the straight edges don't matter. I have to try and let the perfectionist part of me go and let the proud mom come out a little more. I am in tears thinking of how I crushed her spirits today. Chloe is such a sweet little mama. I am so thankful that she can forgive my shortcomings, even when they do happen so often. I love that girl so much and glad she is mine!
Chloe's
2 comments:
You are such a good mom!! They actually look more like something tha I would do!! Tell her Hello for us!!
she really did such a cute job. i agree with kim. that's about as good as i could do, so go Chloe!!
Post a Comment