Thursday, May 7, 2009

For ME

I can't believe that May is here. It is hot outside and soon school will be out. What ever happened to March and April? They seem to have flown by in a blur. Although I wasn't myself, my children still loved me. We did fun stuff on our good days and tried to forget about the days before. Hopefully there were enough happy memories that will erase the bad ones.At the beginning of March . We grabbed lunch and went and hung out at the park all afternoon. Without me even asking Nick, Chloe and Alex started posing on the rocks for me. Cooper on the other hand, is a different story. He won't even look at the camera. Chloe started dance at the beginning of March. She had been asking for months, but I wanted to make sure she really wanted to do it first. She is a lot like me when I was little. She enjoys doing different activities, but doesn't want to be tied down to something that takes away time from her baby! In the last two months I have only had to fight her once. I decided that I really don't want her to be like me in that aspect. She will regret it later, so we are doing dance!! While she is there she has a great time and she has already improved so much. Just another day at the park! The kids love to go to the park at Town Square.

And of course we celebrated St. Patrick's Day! I love holidays that we can all get dressed up for. Chloe had dance that morning and really wanted to wear a green bow so that she didn't get pinched. I helped in Nick's class that afternoon and then we went home for green enchiladas for dinner. We all had green place settings and all our food was green. I love to make the little holidays special for my kids. I even bought Chris a green shirt (we are trying to incorporate a little color!) and he wore it! We didn't get a family picture because after dinner it seems that one by one all the kids began to have nervous break downs, so off to bed, but a fun green day pretending we are Irish! Chloe and Alex finished off zoo week at school with Zebra Day. Chloe always wants me to volunteer in her class since I go every week to Nick's so I decided that this was a great oppportunity. I found myself a zebra shirt and zebra bracelts so I could be an official part of the group. Chloe also wanted to bring cookies really bad for St. Patrick's day, but her teacher requested healthy green snacks, so we traded in the shamrock for zebra cookies.
Since Chloe and Alex were both bringing zebra cookies for their classes Nick wanted to bring some too. After I got about half of them cut out, I asked him if we could please do a differnt shape. The zebra's legs were so skinny they kept breaking off and I was pretty frustrated. So we settled on hands, since his class was working on the 5 senses that week. He was pretty happy with that and chose to make them yellow.
I am so thankful that my children are so forgiving of my shortcomings. All they want is to please me, and always love me even when I don't deserve their love.

2 comments:

Christene said...

They are so darling. I love Chloe in her little dance outfit. She is so cute and she will love the memories of being a little dancer. You're awesome Chrissy. Those kiddos must know they have gold with a mother like you!

Lauren said...

Cute pictures! March and April did seem to go by so fast! I am sure you are much harder on yourself than your kids will ever be, you are a great mom!