December 2, 2012
My Nicholas turned 10 on the 2nd. It is crazy how fast these last 10 years have gone.
My water broke on December 1st at about 11 o'clock PM. It woke me up and I rushed to the bathroom thinking that I had just wet the bed. Chris woke up when the bathroom light came on and came to see what was going on. He was so excited and ready to go to the hospital. I was in no pain at all and afraid to go to the hospital to just be told I needed to come back home. I was young, my first baby, unaware that they would keep you if your water broke. Chris called the hospital, my mom and they all told him that I needed to go to the hospital. I think I was in denial that it was all really happening. I was really going to get the baby that I always wanted! I stopped fighting and we drove the 20ish minutes to Mountain View Hospital. They checked me in and got me all hooked up to IV's and monitors and then it was time to wait. I still had absolutely NO pain. Pretty soon I was dilated enough to have my epidural and I decided it would be better to have it before I needed it. From then on it was a waiting game, watching some TV and dozing off here and there in between changing positions to try and move things along. Nick was "sunny side up" so nurses tried and eventually the doctor turned him around and then it was time to push. I pushed for about 5 minutes and Nicholas finally came at 1:00 PM weighing 6 lbs and 15oz. He was 21 1/2 inches long and was absolutely perfect. At Mountain View they take the baby to the nursery after they are born to bathe and warm them for about 2 hours. And those 2 hours seemed like eternity! I always wanted to be a mom and I couldn't wait to have my own baby in my arms.
Nicholas didn't fit him right away. I called him "Tiny" and "Baby" for a while because he seemed too small to have that name. He was such a good baby. ALWAYS happy! And he is still a good boy!
I am thankful for the good boy that Nicholas is and that I have been given the opportunity to be his mother. He makes me happy and I am proud to have him as my son.
10 Facts about our 10 year old:
1. His favorite food is chips and chili
2. He still LOVES baseball. When he grows up he wants to be a baseball player.
3. His favorite colors are red and black.
4. He is turning into a clean freak like his dad and has to shower multiple times a day!
5. He is a preteen. (And has been for the last 6 months. Ben and Nick informed me of this one day when we were driving in the car, even looked it up for me on my phone).
6. His favorite book is Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7: The Third Wheel. Not a fan of reading, but give him a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book and he will pound through it in a day or 2.
7. Ben is still his best friend. I am so thankful for the bond that they have and hope it always stays that way.
8. He eats like a horse! He is definitely a growing boy. Some days he eats more that his dad. I think we may be in trouble when he is a teenager!
9. He is such a good boy. He loves to be with adults. He LOVES to be with his grandparents, aunts, and uncles. He has both of his grandmas wrapped around his little finger. And he is still a Daddy's boy. He is my buddy and helper a lot too.
10. He is pretty quiet and bashful still at times, but every now and then he lets his crazy side show. He is a hoot and we love him.
We had a family party at the park on Saturday, the day before his birthday. We had pizza and cake and we all played a little baseball at Nick's request.
Ben spent the night and spent the day with us to celebrate Nick's birthday. The birthday fairy came with balloons and we had chocolate chip pancakes and ham and cheese omelets for breakfast. I made Nick cookies to take to his primary class but I remembered it was Fast Sunday so Nick was happy to eat them himself. After church Jenny and Katie came over for some lasagna and Oreo cake so we could sing to Nick again!

Happy Birthday Nick! We love you!!




No comments:
Post a Comment