11.21.12
I went with Nick on his field trip to the Clark County museum the day before Thanksgiving.
I never even knew this museum existed. It was kind of neat to learn some history of Las Vegas, Clark County, and Nevada.
We started out at the wickiups in the top picture. They were Nick's favorite part of the trip. They are summer shelters made out of branches and brush recreating a Paiute Village. Very interesting. We then went on a half mile walk through the dessert kind of learning about some of the shrubs and bushes. We ended our walk in the ghost town with buildings and a jail from 1880 all the way to the 1950's.
My favorite part was Heritage Street. It is a street lined with houses dating back for the last century or so. They are fully furnished with furniture from that time. It was fun to see how not only were the houses way smaller but furniture was so small.
Nice morning spent outside with one of my favorite boys!
Sad that I don't get to go on the rest of his field trips with him this year though.
(I guess there is a one field trip per parent rule in the 4th grade!)
![]() |
| Mrs. Schladweiler's 4th grade class |



No comments:
Post a Comment