Tuesday, April 10, 2012

365- Spring Break (Picture OVERLOAD)

I was a little nervous going into this week trying to give my kids a good break.
Alex came home from school asking if we could go to Florida because all his friends were going to Florida or going on an airplane.
After I saw that a friend had asked her kids what they wanted to do over break and they gave some pretty easy demands I figured I would ask mine and just hope they didn't say, "Florida!".
Nick wanted to swim, Chloe wanted to play with friends, Alex wanted to hunt eggs, and Cooper wanted to spend the night at Uncle Jordan's. I am happy to say we almost completed our list. Sorry Cooper!

Monday we went shopping. Costco and Walmart and it was so nice!
Maybe a relaxed mama (not having to rush to be anywhere) makes for good kids!
They were so good we got HOP the movie, Ben and Hailey spent the night and we had a movie night!
Tuesday we had a park day with cousins and friends.
We came home for Aubrey's nap and the kids played in the backyard all afternoon.





After some begging the kids convinced me that they didn't care if the pool was warm we went over to Grandma's and swam for a couple hours. We meaning Nick, Chloe, Alex, and Cooper. Way too cold for me!!! And Aubrey wasn't a fan of even a little splash.
But they LOVED it and I had to make them get out.
Wednesday we went to the Desert View Ward egg hunt. There were so many people there! Chloe fell right when it started and I think Aubrey was a little overwhelmed. Luckily these girls have nice brothers who shared with them.
We had a picnic lunch at the park and the kids played for hours.
They had some friends come play for the afternoon
while Nick and I played some SCRABBLE. I won! Nick didn't like that!
We had a good time together! He was being a complete DORK-us!
Thursday we went to Red Rock with friends. I didn't bring jackets so we didn't stay, it was FREEZING!! We took the scenic loop, grabbed lunch and went home to play.
Again, the kids spent all afternoon in the backyard.
Friday we did some cleaning. Nick, Chloe, Alex and Cooper were all very willing little helpers. We cleaned the whole house in record time. Makes me wonder why I do it alone every week!
And because they were so good we spent the afternoon at the movies. Mirror Mirror was really cute! All of the kids loved it! Aubrey even did pretty good.
Saturday was our family day. It was nice to have a day with our dad! We went to Will's baseball game. It was cute to watch all the kids so excited. Everyone cheers for everyone, just a neat experience. We went to Macayo's for lunch with Jeremy and Juli and then came home to color some eggs. Some of our new friends came over. We had fun with our eggs and playing crack the egg on the trampoline.
We had a little feast for dinner. We sat on the floor and ate chicken, grapes, cheese, and bread and drank grape juice. The kids loved it. All week long we had been talking about the last week of the Savior's life and this was such a fun night to prepare us for Easter and the true meaning. The kids have already asked if we we can do this every year at Easter.

Spring break was perfect! Sad that it had to end!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Your spring break was better than Florida! You are always doing so many fun things, I love that about you! Glad it turned out so well.

Lindsey said...

Yea for a good spring break!!