Sunday, May 16, 2010

Horses


A couple of weeks ago, one of those very windy days that we have been having we went to see the horses. One of the kids' favorite babysitters, Missy has some and invited them to come see them. Every time she would babysit she would tell the kids that they could come see them anytime, so they had been talking about this for months before I finally got this arranged.

They were super excited and when we got there they all became little chickens! This didn't really surprise me. Chloe was the brave one who did everything first. Then I told Nick that if Chloe could do it, he could too. And then after watching the other two, Alex would join in. So they pet the baby horse and got to sit on Missy's favorite. Cooper was still scared so he just watched!

They ran around and after a bit they even got comfortable enough to feed them some hay from their hands.

My allergies were going crazy, so when we finally take Missy up on going for a ride we will have to make sure we pick a nice day!

Funny story!
When I was looking at the pictures to put them on here I was reminded of the laugh that Nick gave Missy and I when they were taking turns petting/taking a picture with the baby horse. The mom horse was in the same stall as the baby and every time you opened the gate just a little the mom would come over. I guess she just likes the attention. But when it was Nick's turn to go in Missy shooed the mom away. He ran in. Barely touched the horse and then posed for his picture (he is well trained!) all the while being very cautious as to where the mom was. As soon as I snapped the picture he stood there statue like. I know you had to be there, but he was waiting for me to open the gate, and as soon as I did he was out of there in a blink of an eye!

No comments: