It was very bittersweet taking him last week.
He has been asking to go to school for months now and I kept telling him when he gets a little older. A couple of weeks ago he got accepted to start but assigned to a different school than the one that Nick, Chloe and Alex go to. I was really looking forward to him being in the same class as Alex, making it easier for me to leave him, knowing that his big brother was there to take care of him, his sister in the class next door, and already knowing the preschool teacher at Ries. After a week stressing about it I decided maybe it will be okay for him to be at a different school. Chris' mom works there and she offered to help out since I wouldn't be able to take and pick up at 2 different schools at the same time.On his first day he was super excited. We met his teacher, Ms. Shirley and he was little shy, but Grandma asked him to come play and he was off. I was really surprised that there were no tears, rather happy, but still very surprised. I was a little sad that he let me leave so easily, but it made me leaving him so much easier, knowing he was okay. When we picked him up that afternoon he was so excited to see me, and that just melted my heart. He had a great first day and had fun chasing the pigeons after school with Grandma while waiting for me to pick him up!

1 comment:
Don't you hate it when they grow up! Good thing you got a baby on the way to help ease the transition!
Post a Comment