Class of 2011. Kindergarten, that is!
Alex with Mrs. Yacubovich
Today was Alex's kindergarten graduation. He has been counting down the days for about the last month. He has been telling me that he is learning songs to sing for me, but wouldn't tell me anymore, he wanted it to be a surprise. We got to school early today so I could get a front row seat to watch my boy sing! And he did! He was so serious too. Anytime that he saw me about to take a picture he would go stone face and I could not get him to smile either! They sang "First Grade, First Grade" to start off. Nick and Chloe sand this song at their little graduations too, but it made me a cry a little. I can't believe that Alex is old enough to be going into first grade next year. He is too little to be there all day! They then sang "I am a Pizza", "What a Wonderful World", and "Time to Say Goodbye". We watched a little slide show and then all the kids received their certificates for completion of kindergarten. We went out to the courtyard for cookies and cupcakes, and of course we all had to have our picture taken with our graduate!


First Grade, First Grade
Start spreading the news
We are leaving today
We want to be a part of it
First grade, First grade
We've worked very hard
We're ready to go
We're going to be a part of it
First grade, First grade
We know our ABC's and our 1,2,3's so well
We've worked at sounding out words and stories to tell
Just ask us to rhyme
We'll say tens and pens
We've learned to share and get along with all of our friends
So now we made it there
We'll make it anywhere
We're on our way
First grade, First grade
The other day I told Alex that his graduation was just a couple of days away and that meant we were going to go on a date, he and I to get a new outfit for graduation and an ice cream. He just shakes his head and says no. I want to wear jeans and my gray shirt. Okay! This kid knows exactly what he wants! We celebrated today by going to Buffalo Wild Wings. Not his first choice, but this kid loves BBQ chicken! Alex is definitely a special boy and I am glad that he his mine!
The other day I told Alex that his graduation was just a couple of days away and that meant we were going to go on a date, he and I to get a new outfit for graduation and an ice cream. He just shakes his head and says no. I want to wear jeans and my gray shirt. Okay! This kid knows exactly what he wants! We celebrated today by going to Buffalo Wild Wings. Not his first choice, but this kid loves BBQ chicken! Alex is definitely a special boy and I am glad that he his mine!
1 comment:
I love the little graduation ceremony they do for the kindergartners! So fun. School is a whole other world for kids, I can see why all the craziness with everything going on! Your kids are all so cute!
Post a Comment