Monday, January 10, 2011

[my birthday]

I think this is the first year that I kind of forgot about my birthday and also the first time that I really didn't want to have a birthday. I always thought people were silly not wanting to get older and admit their age, but I think I am starting to understand! I have too many good friends and lots of great family that wouldn't let me forget though and for them I am thankful! On Friday some friends took me to lunch at Cafe Rio and then to Golden Spoon for a treat. It was so nice to just be able to hang out. On Friday we got a babysitter and Chris took me and Aubee to dinner at Cheesecake Factory and then to see Little Fockers. It has been a while since we had a date night, so that was awesome and Aubrey was so good! Saturday night we went to Chipotle with some family and friends and then came back to our house for lots of yummy bundt cake (we had white chocolate raspberry, Chocolate-chocolate chip and Cinnamon swirl) and ice cream.
I am going to try really hard to deal with the fact that I am getting wrinkles and that in deed I am getting older. I have 5 kids, wrinkles are inevitable!!
Thanks everyone, I had a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Staci said...

Look at you and all your new posts! I enjoyed seeing all your holiday fun in pictures. Also, I'm glad you had a good birthday, we really wanted to come over, but the kids were not having it:(

Ryan said...

Wrinkles? I don't buy it. You don't even have pores. Happy Birthday!

Emily said...

loved reading all your recent posts! and i'm glad you had a good birthday!! 28 really isn't old at all... you probably just feel old because you have FIVE kids :) i feel old and i only have 2!

Bre said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like you had lots and lots of good food! I love those bundt cakes, they will be the reason I weight 500 lbs. one day! LOL. And hey, I have wrinkles too. Craziness. But I don't think you look 28. You look amazing and you don't look like you've had 5 kids. I hope I look as good as when Nick and I are done having kids!

Lauren said...

We had fun celebrating your 28th, and really you do look amazing at 28 but I understand we are way too close to 30 now!