The pictures really don't do it justice. It looked way worse in person, especially the day after everything started to scab over!
It all started a couple of weeks ago when Alex decided to go down the slide on his belly and came crashing down into the pavement. The next day at school his teacher totally shocked when she saw his face, asked him what happened, and then said, "that is why we sit on our bottoms when we go down the slide". I guess he learned his lesson the hard way!
So... his face his face scabbed over and healed pretty quick from the slide incident. We covered his face in Neosporin a couple times a day and we were good. Until last week when we were at my nephews baseball game. It was pretty chilly, so he just put his jacket on and stuck his hands in his pockets and ran off to play. Someone ran in front of him and he tripped and landed on his poor little face for the second time now. In the picture above you can't really see how far his goose egg sticks out and how swollen his lip was.
And then just a few days later he falls on the cement of course and hits the exact same spot on his head! His poor little face is going to be totally scarred!
After the first incident I was happy that Alex was at school when I had a couple of dr. appointments. At least his teacher really knows me and won't be calling CPS. But now that this seems to be reoccurring I feel like I need to get signatures of all witnesses!
2 comments:
Poor guy..it always seems that the spot they hurt becomes a magnet for more accidents!! I hope he heals ok!!
Oh, that's tough! I hate when it happens like that, over and over! Poor little guy. I'm glad he's healing quick!
Post a Comment