Tuesday, December 2, 2008

All Aboard

Yesterday morning we loaded up the van, mostly with kids and headed to Willams, AZ. This is the 4th annual trip to ride The Polar Express, but my first time. I figured I should go and help a little seeing as half the grandkids my parents were taking are mine!
As much as I hate short trips, it was actually alot of fun!


When we got there we went to the deer farm. The kids (the ones that weren't scared) got to feed the deer. They totally surround you! I, myself stayed away from anybody with food. Now you know why all my kids are scared of EVERYTHING!! It was a fun experience though! They had lots of other animals there too. A camel! Donkeys, pigs, horses, sheep, all different kinds of birds, racoons, monkeys, and reindeer (Santa's).

After the farm we went to dinner at the Pizza Factory, that is part of the tradition too. And then it was time to board the train. They served us chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate on our way to the North Pole while they read the story The Polar Express. The kids got so excited when we got there and they could see Santa and his reindeer. On the way back Santa came aboard and gave all the kids a bell. They believe!


I am so thankful that my kids have such great grandparents who have started these fun traditions for them. My parents never cease to amaze with their generosity, especially at this time of year.


Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun trip! You guys are the BEST!!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like a BLAST!! I have never done this and now I want too!! I love all the kids pj's

Unknown said...

so much fun! maybe we'll have to go next year...

Lauren said...

You all look adorable in your pj's! Glad you all had fun, what a great tradition for your kids to share with Grandma and Grandpa!

Christene said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a great time. It sounds like a blast. Don't you love Christmas?

Danielle said...

Love the matching pj's. What a great tradition, you kids will have wonderful memories!!

Chelsea said...

What a fun trip! That's so great to have grandparents that are so good and it's so fun to be together, especially for the little cousins!!