Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jeakin's Family Christmas Party

We left the snow behind us and headed for Fernley, NV where my mom's parents live. All of my mom's family live in Reno and Fernley, so every year my mom throws a Christmas party up there.

Chris went snowboarding on Friday with my dad, Jordan, Josh, and Amber while the rest of us went into town and did a little shopping at the mall. After we shopped 'till we dropped we drove back to Fernley and had dinner at the Pizza Factory. Saturday afternoon was the party. My mom goes all out. We had a big turkey and ham dinner with all the fixing's and lots of treats. After we ate my mom had a gift for all the kids hidden around the house, so after they found their presents they could have something to do while the adults did a white elephant gift exchange. Chris and I didn't make out so good, so we did some gift swapping afterwards and got a really cute lantern.
I am thankful my mom has the party every year. It is nice to be able to see all my aunts, uncles, cousins and my grandparents, and it makes it nice that they are all in one spot!
For years now I have been complaining every time I have to go to Reno. There is nothing to do there and to me it is just ugly and dirty. While on our way home from this trip Nick fell asleep a couple of hours outside of Las Vegas. When he woke up he said, "we are in Vegas!". I asked him how he knew and he said, "because it is clean". I thought it was so funny! Great minds think alike!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

What a great tradition being able to have an annual party like that! Cute pics!!

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun tradition. I love the boys matching shirts.

Marilene said...

I love visiting with family! vry fun pctures.

Christene said...

What a fun time! I wish my parents thought that way. It must be fun to get together with everyone. I know when we do for Thanksgiving on Kevin's side, the kids just love it. Cousins love to get together. I like how Nick has the same thoughts as you do. Glad you had fun!!