On Monday, December 15th it snowed on and off all day. At our house we just had little flurries and they melted as soon as they hit the ground.
But 2 days later was a whole other story... I have lived in Las Vegas my whole life and I have never seen anything like this. It was so awesome. My kids were in heaven! They had a snowball fight and would have stayed outside forever if I would have let them.
After I finally made them come in they had hot chocolate and cookies. We stayed home all day because I had baking to do for the ward cookie exchange. It ended up being a great day baking cookies and watching the snow come down while listening to some Christmas music.
After Chris got home from work I was off to the cookie exchange. He tried to talk me into not going since the roads were so bad and I have no experience driving in these conditions, but I promised that I would drive very slow and he was okay with that. Part of me wishes that I brought my camera because everything was suddenly beautiful as it was covered with snow. It really was a Winter Wonderland to me! If I did have my camera though, I probably never would have made it to the church to enjoy a great night with such fabulous ladies because I would have been taking pictures of everything!
If my kids hadn't of been on track break they would have been able to enjoy their very first and probably their last snow day in Las Vegas! It was the first one in about 30 years. Pretty exciting!!
2 comments:
That was THE best day ever!! We know, being Vegas girls, that this was a special treat! Your kids look so excited out in their warm clothes playing in the snow. And I agree, as I drove past the park covered in snow, I wished for my camera. It was fascinating. Now I know why people love to see that first snowfall that blankets everything in beauty. I'm glad we got to experience it!!
It sounds like you made the most of the awesome snow!
Post a Comment