This last week I had the opportunity to go to girl's camp. And yes, I mean opportunity! My mom watched all four of my kids while I got to go bond with the girls in our ward, my two sisters, and my sister-in-law. We had a great time canoeing, swimming, hiking, laughing , and crying together.
This year's theme was "Sweet is the Work" focusing on service and each ward was a candy. We were Extra gum. I came home with a desire to serve more. No matter how small our service is, it does make a difference.
This was my first time at camp as a leader and it was a lot of work, but so worth it to see the girls grow so much in just a couple of short days. On Thursday night we had testimony meeting and it was so awesome to see the girls just filled with the spirit, so much that they couldn't speak through the tears. These girls are such a great example to me
, always lifting me up, and making me want to be a better person.
, always lifting me up, and making me want to be a better person.A bonus was having 3 of my sisters there. Jenny was a YCL for the first time and totally impressed me with her ability to lead. Everybody kept telling me what a great job she was doing. She has such a sweet heart and it really showed this week. Katie was with her ward, which was just one campsite down from us so that was neat. She also impressed me. Normally she stays to herself, but she was so outgoing every time I saw her she was smiling and just so happy to be there. She learned to shoot a bow, rather well in fact, and taught Amber too. My little sisters really are my best friends, they are always there for me, and I couldn't have asked for better sisters!
8 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! What a neat thing to get to be a part of and you are such a good roll model for those girls!
That must have been so wonderful to have your mom watch all four kids!! I'm so glad you had such a great time at girls camp, those are some of the best times in the Y.W. program!!
I am so glad that the YW girls have such a great leader. You are a great example to them all. I hear sisters are wonderful friends, I am so glad that you were able to experience camp with them. Looks like you had a lot of good times. Til next year!!
That was so great that you were able to go & have your mom watch your kids. I bet the YW really loved having you there. I'm sure they all look up to you, you're such a great example to them.
How amazing for you. I always loved Girl's Camp and I think I loved it even more being a leader (one year before kids :-)). I'm so glad you and the girls had such a great experience. It makes all the work worthwhile!
Looks like so much fun!! You guys are awesome!!
Girls Camp was always AMAZING..Your soo lucky you got to go back =D and I remember testimony meeting always beeing soo GREAT!! .. with all the rolling tears and the great feeling. And.. If I might add>> How the heck are you looking so dang cute AT CAMP =D
Yes Chrissy, how do you look so dang cute at camp??? It was fun being there with you! Thanks for putting up with me!
Post a Comment