Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I know I am a little behind, but I haven't been feeling 100% lately and the days seemed to have vanished before my eyes. I know Mother's Day has already come and gone, and it is a little late to tell everybody Happy Mother's Day, but I wanted to share my day or weekend.

As soon as the boys got home from the Father-Son camp out Chris announced it was my day and that we were going to go to Balboa Pizza, my favorite. We went to lunch and it was great, just like always. I then began to feel bad for myself because I knew Chris hadn't gotten me anything. I know he means well and I even felt bad feeling sorry for myself, but this is the man that used to surprise me ALL the time. He used to leave flowers for me, gifts on my bed, even a new car shortly before we were married. So, he spoiled me and now it is kind of hard not to expect it. So to lift my spirits he offered to take me shopping! I had so much fun! He picked some outfits out for me and came in the dressing room to tell me how I looked and what was even more awesome was that they all fit!! We then went to dinner together and ended our day watching the kids swim at my mom's house.

Sunday was great too! I wasn't feeling too good, so he got up and got the kids ready for church. We only stayed for sacrament and then he let me have an extra long, much needed nap. When I woke up Chris and my Dad made us a very yummy dinner with too many good choices. And again we watched our little fishes swim.

I know my Mother's Daywasn't great because of the new clothes or all the yummy food, but rather the way my sweet husband made me feel. He is a great man and I thank my Heavenly Father that he blessed me with him.
And not only do I have an awesome husband, but the best mom ever! Words will never be able to express how much I love her and what she means to me. I only hope that I will be able to be half the woman she is! I just wanted to say too that I don't give my mother-in-law the credit she desserves, but she raised one great guy and for that I am grateful!
Happy late Mother's Day EVERYONE! I look up to you more than you know!!

8 comments:

Carmell said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! You are one of the cutest moms I know! And with such cute kids too. You are awsome, I'm glad Chris showed his appreciation for you and your day turned out okay! I hope you get back to feeling 100% soon!

Angie said...

You look great in your new clothes!

Lauren said...

Hey, glad you had a good day! Clothes shopping always makes a girl happy! You are a great mom so you deserve it!

Danielle said...

Hey You!!!
Where have you been? You have been missed. Glad you had a great day! Not feeling well???? Any news to tell me???!!! Hope to see you soon!

Danielle said...

Chrissy, you are an awesome mom. I truly admire you as a mother, you seem to tackle so many things with such ease. What a sweet guy you have there. And wonderful kids you have brought into this world. They are so lucky to have you as a mother. And what a great example you have had with your own mother. I am so glad your day was special, even if you were feeling under the weather. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Sounds like fun! I love when you try on clothes and they actually fit and look good. Good work friend!!

I'm with you on the gift thing. Mike got me the thing I asked for, but he had to pre-order it. Which means that I didn't have anything to open that day. Gotta say a little bummed!

Christene said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You seriously have a great husband. I am always happy to see how great he is with the kids and how you two work so well together. What an amazing blessing! And congrats on fitting into all those cute clothes. You're amazing!

Perry Family said...

He is a sweetie!! It is so wonderful to feel appreciated by our hubbies! So glad you had a fab day.