This last weekend my cousin, Daniel got married so it gave us a good excuse to go hang out with some of our friends in St. George. I was able to attend the sealing on Saturday morning. Unfortunately by myself because Chris forgot his church clothes, but none the less it felt great to be in the temple and witness a beautiful sealing ceremony.
Congratulations Daniel and Mary Ann or like their family calls them, Maryaniel!!
Nick stayed home with Grandma Karen for one night and Grandma Debbie the next, so he could play in his scrimmage game. But we spent Saturday just hanging out playing a game of Ticket to Ride. Chris and I got our butts whooped, mostly me, but it was still fun. Later in the afternoon the guys went off to do some skeet shooting while Chelsea and I took the kids to feed the ducks and play at the park.
Anybody who knows me knows that I have a fear of birds. So...before we even got out of the car I told my kids that if they were under attack drop the food and calmly walk away, and also "You are on your own!". But luckily for us the ducks must have been well fed that day and we had an enjoyable time feeding them without any crying!
After a while the kids got tired of feeding the ducks and set off to find turtles. Turtles?? The kids were determined to find turtles! So we walked around and what do you know, we found one by the edge of the water. The kids pet it and it didn't move, at all. So we were wondering if it was still alive. We got a stick, no movement, until Alex gave him a nice shove. It still gives me the creeps just thinking about it, but it was a good laugh!! Fun times!!We played at the park for a bit before the guys joined us to go to dinner at our favorite Pizza Factory. After dinner the guys took the kids home to put them to bed and Chelsea and I got to do a little shopping.
And when we got home the boys headed out again. Chris was determined to shoot a coyote or a jackrabbit! They were out late with no such luck. I guess they were kind of lucky that they didn't get shot! They thought for a while that some crazy people were hunting them..I guess Chris can try agin next time.
And when we got home the boys headed out again. Chris was determined to shoot a coyote or a jackrabbit! They were out late with no such luck. I guess they were kind of lucky that they didn't get shot! They thought for a while that some crazy people were hunting them..I guess Chris can try agin next time.Thanks Chelsea and Nick for such a fun weekend!!
(This whole post is in black and white for you, Chelsea!)
(This whole post is in black and white for you, Chelsea!)
1 comment:
Seriously, the whole time I'm thinking, wow I love the pictures!!!!! You have to show me how you did it. Love the color ones too with the different colors popping. LOVE IT!!! We had a blast too. Nick was sad they got skunked. Oh well, now you have another reason to come again soon! :)
Post a Comment