Another one sprouted
My five lucky shamrocks! 
I am really starting to love these smaller holidays. There are so many fun things to do for them without all the pressure and stress that the bigger ones bring. We started our day with green pancakes and green eggs and ham. Alex requested that I actually sit down to the table to eat with them. He said that it is special if we eat all together. They wanted Chris to be there, but he had to work, unfortunately St. Patrick's day is not an official holiday in the A/C world! The kids all put on their new green shirts and I sent them off to school. Chloe was so excited to see if she had caught a leprechaun at school with her trap. She asked me if she could keep it if she caught one, if we could buy a cage for him, and get him a little bed. I guess leprechauns are sneaky little boogers because he got away leaving only one of his shoes behind! Alex made a little leprechaun hat and Cooper got a clover that a leprechaun left for him. They loved all the leprechaun talk! That afternoon Alex, Cooper, Aubrey and I went over to our friend Danielle's house for a little play time. Lauren made shamrock cookies for the kids to frost and they colored some St. Patrick's day pictures. The kids had fun and it was nice to be able to sit and chat with my friends.
After I picked Nick and Chloe from school I came home to a very stinky house. I grew up never eating corn beef and cabbage, ever! Most of the things that my mom doesn't eat/like I don't know how to cook and corn beef has been one that I haven't cared to try. So since we have been married Chris has missed out on corn beef and cabbage every St. Patty's Day. I thought I would be a good wife and start a new little tradition for my family, but I don't think I am that nice. I can now say that I have had corn beef and cabbage and I DO NOT LIKE IT!! Oh well, at least we had some green jello and green cupcakes for a dessert=) It was a regular day mostly with some fun added in and lots of green food coloring!
1 comment:
Love their green shirts! We made green pancakes too, but green eggs sounds fun, I will have to do that next year. I don't think i've ever had corned beef and cabbage. I love the pic of you and Chris. You two are such a cute couple. :)
Post a Comment