Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My little Man!

Today is Nick's "Kindergarten Celebration", so last night we went on a little date to get him a new outfit for the big event. I was helping in his class yesterday when his teacher told him he needed to look handsome for their performance. So after school we were driving home I asked him what he wanted to wear to look handsome, he said, "church clothes". Nick is a picky shopper. He wanted to have a plain white shirt, like his dad, and wouldn't settle for anything else. I figured he was going to be overdressed, but he didn't care, he was so excited to be like his dad!
We went to the mall. We went to a couple different stores, trying different stuff on. Nick was a good little shopping buddy! On our way back through the mall we stopped at a photo booth and had our pictures taken. I think that was the high light of his night. And he was even more excited that he got to have a set of pictures to himself.
On our way home we stopped at Golden Spoon for a little treat. Nick got a great big waffle cone full of yogurt and topped with gummy bears. When we saw a friend from the ward she asked why he got such a big treat, I replied because tomorrow is Kindergarten Celebration.
I know that everyone completes Kindergarten, but I am glad that I got to have some one on one time with him and make Nick feel special. It won't be much longer before he won't walk through the mall hand in hand with his mom. So last night was special for me too. As I watched his class practice their performance yesterday I couldn't help but cry. I can't believe that he is going to be in 1st grade next year! He is getting too old, but at the same time, I am so proud of the little man that he is growing into!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Such a cute idea. He will love those pictures forever. Even when he gets too cool for mom, he will have them hidden somewhere in his room that he can look at with no one knowing he still likes him mom. :)

Perry Family said...

How fun to take him on a date to get all ready for his big day! I love your swimmy day picturs too!

Chelsea said...

That is so sweet! I can't wait to do special things like that, but on the other hand, I want time to stop!! You're the best mom!