
Today was Nick's
BIG day, he is all done with
kindergarten! They had a little performance that they have been working on for a while and it was really cute! Even though I saw it yesterday I still loved it. They came out singing "Riding the Walking School Bus" and then one by one they went
up to the stage and said their name and what they want to be when they grow up. Nick said, "My name is Nick and when I grow up I want to be a cop". I knew that is what he would say, no
surprise there! He is totally fascinated with them, and
always points them out when he sees one. Hailey was second to last and when she got up to the stage she said, "My name is Hailey and when I grow up I want to be a mom". She is just my niece, but that
immediately brought tears to my eyes. They continued on with their program singing "Each of us is a Flower", then we watched a slide show of pictures from the year, and finished with "May There Always be Sunshine" and "First Grade, First Grade". Even though Nick was a little nervous with so many watching him (he loves to sing when no one is watching!) he did a great job and I love the grin I get when I smile at him! The kids got their
certificates of completion and enjoyed cookies and juice.

I am so thankful that Nick got such a great teacher this year. She helped him a lot and he loved being in her class.


And
because it was a "special day" Nick picked
Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner. So my whole family joined us there to celebrate with Nick and Hailey.
Way to go guys! We are so proud of you!
2 comments:
Congrats to Nick! He is such a handsome boy and is gettng so big! Off to first grade, that is very exciting! Now that they are done with school we have no excuse left to not get together one of these days!
Yeah for Nick. Man, they are growing up quick, huh Chrissy. I'm not ready! I like my little ones! But they are happy and learning so much. He's such a good boy!
Post a Comment