On Friday I fell and pulled a muscle first thing after I woke up. I didn't say anything to my kids, but Nick noticed that I was limping. Everyday before school the kids do an "extra" chore to help out around the house. Nick came to me and asked what I wanted him to do for his chore and I asked him what he wanted to do. He got big tears in his eyes and said that he would stay home from school and help me because I was in pain. My heart just broke. Nick is such a sweet boy and so willing to help those in need.
Also, last week all my kids brought home little boxes from school that they were to collect money for kids with cancer. Nick asked if he could empty his piggy bank into his box and without much thought, thinking that it was just some change told him sure. The next day he came home from school and told me that his teacher was very impressed with him. When I asked why he said because he donated more than thirty dollars (They were asking for each child to collect about $10). I had forgotten that he had been doing some work at my mom's house to earn extra money. I asked why he put all his dollars in the box and he said, "because those kids need it." Again my heart melted. I am so thankful that Nick has such a big heart and is so caring. He is a good boy and I love him to pieces.

2 comments:
He's so sweet and tender!! He's gonna make a good hubby one day!!!! How will you let him go??!!! :)
Nick is such a good boy, I loved his stories. Your Easter picture is so cute! Your whole family looks great! No group pictures for the pregnant mama this year:)
Post a Comment