Tuesday, October 9, 2012

{Potty Training}

Day 1: We are all still very excited. Lots of treats and drinks!
 I was reading somewhere that the best time to potty train is between 2 and 2 1/2  because after that kids are too stubborn and it is harder to train them. Aubrey just turned 2 at the end of June, but it made me nervous because she is already very stubborn at times. Before Saturday Aubrey had never peed in the potty, and when asked where she is supposed to pee and poop she would say, "don't want to poop (pee) in potty!!".
But I figured I would begin anyways and waited for the next time I had a couple of days at home without any plans. I am sad that it had to be General Conference weekend and that I wasn't able to listen to as much as I would have liked to, but after a very trying weekend, having all of my patience tested my girl is well on her way to being potty trained!!
Day 2: Had to change things up a bit to keep Aubrey motivated. We started blowing up balloons every time she peed in the potty. By the end of the night she had a whole balloon bouquet!
 Saturday night I felt completely defeated wondering how I ever potty trained 4 kids and wanted to pull the diapers out and forget all about potty training. But I stayed consistent. We sang songs, we played games, and I don't think I have ever spent that much time in the bathroom in my life!!
I feel like I have been on house arrest these last couple of days, but Day 4 it finally clicked for Aubrey and I am so excited. She has told me every time she has had to go to the bathroom today and we have had no accidents! I know we still have a ways to go, but today is a HUGE milestone!!

No comments: