Monday, December 6, 2010

Where did November go??

November was definitely a crazy month for us!! We bought a new house and closed at the end of October. We then decided to change some stuff before we moved in, so running between the houses pretty much consumed my life and totally took over Chris'. If he wasn't at work he was at our new house at work! He ripped out all the flooring and baseboards through out the entire house. Painted the entire house. Tiled the bathrooms upstairs. Added a loft!! Put in all new baseboards. Put ceiling fans and new blinds in all the bedrooms. Had carpet lay ed upstairs and put in new flooring downstairs. It was a big and messy job!!
So the kids spent cold days playing inside while Chris worked and I did whatever I could to help and other days playing in the backyard.
Just as Nick's baseball season ended Chris joined a softball league playing with some of our family and friends. He plays every Friday night and we enjoy going out and watching the games.
I volunteered to be a chaperon for Nick's field trip. I was a little hesitant because he was so embarrassed by me the last time I went. But I went and we had a good time. After school that day he told me that he isn't embarrassed by me anymore, so that was good. We did a little hike and saw some of the things that they had been learning about in school and then had a picnic lunch before heading back to school.
Katie and I met up with Amber to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter 7 Part 1. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to this because I fell asleep before the movie even started! I did wake up when it started and managed to watch pretty much the whole thing=) I think this one was my favorite.
Nick got student of the month for November, so that was pretty exciting. He got a certificate and got to have lunch with Ms. Duby the counselor.
Aubrey turned 5 months. She is getting more fun everyday! She started to sit up by herself and has rolled over a couple of times now.
The day before Thanksgiving was cRaZy hair day at school. So Cooper and Alex had green hair, Nick had blue and Chloe had purple. It was also Grandparents breakfast at school so my mom and dad picked the "CraZy" kids and took them to school early to have donuts and hot chocolate.
Thanksgiving day we woke up early. I started making rolls and lots of goodies and Chris started moving. It made for a crazy morning!! Later we got ready and headed to my mom's for dinner with my family. It was a little weird this year, it was pretty much just our family(the 25 of us!!), Chris' dad, and a guy from my mom's ward. My mom's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving so she always goes all out and we have lots of people so it was weird that it was so small. We missed having Grandma and Grandpa too!
After we ate dinner and stuffed ourselves sick with treats Grandma handed out the kid's Christmas jammies. The kids had fun with cousins and the adults had some fun conversation.
I have so many things to be thankful for. Not in any particular order, I am thankful for my membership in the church, to have a Savior who loves me. I am thankful for the atonement.
I am thankful to have a good husband who works so hard for us, for 5 healthy children, for such good family and friends. 2010 has been a good year for our family and we are blessed!

No comments: