Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to School

Nick- 2nd grade
Chloe- 1st grade
Alex- Kindergarten
Cooper- preschool

Hence the late post, school has really worn me out!
We are slowly adjusting to to having all 4 kids go to school in the morning this year.
The first day was hard, mostly for me! I wasn't sad at all that Alex was in Kindergarten. He has been in preschool for the last 2 years that it seems pretty much the same. It was Chloe that I was sad for. She is now in school all day and she just seems too little to do all day, eating her lunch at school and everything. So it was rough leaving her in the back of the school with her big brother while I took Alex and Cooper to their classes. I have never wished that my kids weren't so close together until that moment. They were totally fine and all excited for school and couldn't wait for me to leave, but it was hard for me, wanting to be with each of them on their first day.
Nonetheless, they all had a great first day. Cooper has the same teacher as Alex did last year and she said he had a super first day, pretty much typical peer. So we can hope it stays that way. Now it is back to routines and homework! I am liking half of that, so here is to the start of another school year!!
After I picked Alex up, I was talking to him, asking him how his day was. He gets all serious and says, " I didn't even get to play and she (the teacher) kept telling me what to do!". And that is school for you!
Aubrey and I have been enjoying our one on one time. It is so quiet in the mornings!!


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my your little one has changed a lot all of the sudden- she's so darling. All your kids suddenly look bigger. That has to be weird to have them all just a grade apart.

Unknown said...

Wow. That would be hard to get them all to school in the morning. I bet it is weird just to have one baby home. Good luck getting adjusted!

Tara said...

So nuts all 4 our your kids are in School!!! CRAZY. they all looked so cute!