Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Duck Creek

This last weekend we headed up to Duck Creek for a little family camping trip. Our original plan was to tent it for a night somewhere in Utah, we had a couple of spots in mind, when a friend offered us their cabin for the weekend instead. It didn't take much convincing, I wasn't really looking forward to trying to keep my 3 month old warm all night.
So Saturday morning we took off for Utah. We stopped at Pizza Factory in Cedar City for lunch, one of our favorites, and then headed up to Duck Creek. I am not sure if I just ate too much pizza or was a little car sick (maybe both) because I wasn't feeling well, but even that couldn't take away from how beautiful the ride was! All the trees were looking so FALL! I wish I would have taken some pictures.
Anyways, we found the cabin and settled in. The kids set off exploring and playing outside while Chris and I relaxed for a bit.
Then it was time for some dutch oven. Nick was being Chris' helper and learned how to use the lighter. Chris made some BBQ chicken and a dutch oven potato concoction that he made up himself that was quite deli sh!
The weather was wonderful! It was so nice to be able to just hang out on the patio as a family while Daddy made us some dinner. Chris really took care of everything while we were gone, it was so nice!
We just sat around the campfire for a long time. The kids had fun roasting their own marshmallows for some smores.
The next morning Chris took the kids for a ride while Aubrey and I slept in. They loved riding in the ranger!
When they got back we spent the rest of the morning playing hide-and-seek. The kids thought that was awesome. Chris probably won for having the best hiding spot, even though it was my spot first.
After lunch we packed up and headed to the pond/creek. Nick and Alex wanted to cross on the rocks like Chris did. Alex barely even stepped off the edge and fell pretty much all the way in, so he was a muddy mess. Nick was doing really good, jumping and landing on all the rocks until his way back when he missed and soaked himself.
It was a quick trip, but so much fun to be able to get away with just our little family and enjoy some quality time together without any distractions.









No comments: