Thursday, March 25, 2010

Playgroup Egg hunt

Yesterday was our ward's playgroup Easter egg hunt. The kids were super excited and walked away with lots of candy!
So we spent the majority of the day hanging out at the park enjoying the beautiful weather and good company!


Cooper has been on this kick that he wants to just run home from wherever we are. When we are leaving church every week he always asks me if he can run home. Most of the time I make him angry, telling him no, and buckling him up, while trying to explain that it is way too far. But since we had nothing else better to do I figured I would let him go for it. I knew he would never make it home , but he could sure try. Nick was his running buddy while I drove next to them. They barely left the parking lot of the park when they spotted the peacocks. I guess I have passed my scare of birds onto my children. They both refused to go any further!

We always stop and feed them on our way home from the park. I throw whatever leftover snacks out the window and roll it back up as fast as I can. And the swarm appears. I think we have had about 20-25 peacocks surrounding our car at one time. So when the kids want to continue feeding them I have them throw out the snacks and scream at them to move their arms so I don't roll it up in the window. It is all fun to see them come until one of them gets greedy for more and tries to fly into my window!! Everyone laughs at me when I tell them this, but after seeing one on a roof I KNOW that one could come into my car for sure!



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

You are HILARIOUS!!! I love that you totally wrote Proof on the picture and have evidence! Thanks for being my park buddy!!