Friday, October 30, 2009

Masquerade Murder Dinner

Katie turned 16 this month and for her party she decided to have a masquerade murder dinner. I was helping out with the food, so I volunteered to do a part if they needed me. A couple of people backed out last minute so I joined them. My mom told me I could dress up for my part if I wanted to, but I figured that all these teenagers wouldn't really get into it, so I wore my regular clothes to be "Blondie Hawn", a has been actress. I brought food over to my mom's early and find my sisters all dressed up, so Jenny decided she would dress me up too! I was very impressed to say the least! All the kids came dressed up for their parts. My mom had given them their parts a couple days before the party and a mask and they all decorated their masks to match their character.
We had appetizers while mingling and sharing our clues. Their were a couple of games in between courses to get everybody all hyped up. We ate pasta dinner and then somebody was murdered. I had to leave early, so I am not quite certain about the rest of the night. But it looks like the kids had a blast. My mom wants to do it again for adults, so that will be fun!


Happy 16th Birthday Katie!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a fun party!! I love this idea! And I'm so glad you've put up so many posts. You have the most adorable kiddos! Love the pictures!