Monday, March 25, 2013

{Eastern Caribbean}

03.02.2013-03.09.2013
Chris got a trip through work to the Eastern Caribbean. About a week before the trip he found out that he couldn't go so I invited Chelsea to share a bed with me for the week.
We were spoiled with a nice BIG suite! Two TVs, double sink, dressing room, whirl pool tub, big balcony, sitting area. It was super nice! Way better than the 'port hole' Chris and I had on our honeymoon!
Half Moon Cay was kind of disappointing because of the weather. I was freezing before we even made it to the island! We did hang out for a while have lunch and do some reading on the beach. The water was really nice, actually, but I wasn't getting in!

The next day was our first day at sea. I ate, watched movies and laid on the Serenity deck while Chelsea snoozed all day because of sea sickness. 
It was also our first formal night. It was fun to get dressed up!
St. Thomas was where we almost died! The weather wasn't great there either. But we still managed to enjoy ourselves a little at Magens Bay for a bit before a big down pour came. But after our little scare we just wanted to get back on the ship!
The weather was great in Puerto Rico, of course it was only because I didn't put my swimsuit on! We did some shopping and exploring and had some lunch at good ol' Pizza Hut. 

Grand Turk was our favorite! The weather was fabulous and the beach was awesome. The water was beautiful and around the island from where we were was this spot with huge conch shells. It was so neat!
And after snoozing and reading books on the fabulous beach of Grand Turk we had to get ready for our second formal dinner. 
I was hesitant being gone again from my kids for 8 days, but it was nice to relax and have some "me time"!

eating. sleeping. massage. comedy club. Karl with a "K". muster station. BINGO. no chocolate covered strawberries. burritos. pizza. frozen hot chocolate. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. The Vow. Vince.
"don't act like you don't want to". lovers. seasick. chonches. warm melting cake. burgers. card games. more sleeping. reading. homesick. $2/min phone calls. sauna. ballerina boy. drunks. Sarah from Canada. towel animals. sunsets. deck 7. sleeping. pirates. Lido deck. sleeping in. no zip-lining. sick. sad good-byes.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love this post!!!!!!!! Can I just copy the whole thing??!!! Love all the bottom words.... So perfect!!! Fabulous trip..... Thanks for having me! Love you friend!!!!