Friday, November 5, 2010

All dressed up!

Aubrey- My little, black cat
Cooper- red Iron Man
Alex- grey Iron Man
Chloe- My little witch
Nick- bloody ninja guy??
I usually start thinking about Halloween costumes in July or August. I love matching and themed costumes, so I was trying to get all my kids to do something together. No luck!! Chloe was easy, but the boys, mostly Nick wouldn't go for it. I was trying to go for the traditional Halloween costumes, a witch, a black cat, a pumpkin, a skeleton, a mummy and a vampire. Cooper was going to be a pumpkin for a while and then changed his mind with Alex a million times and finally ended with Iron Man right after the movie came out and they were watching it every day. And Nick just has to be plain stubborn just to make me mad! He was Jango Fett for our trunk or treat and then 3 days later he didn't even want to dress up. But when I told him he couldn't have any candy then, he said he just wanted to wear black and have bloody make up and carry an ax. Easy enough! At this point he kind of wanted to be a vampire. But I wasn't buying anymore costumes my themed days weren't going to be happening this year.
So Nick and I had a talk. I asked him what he would be because I have already tried what I thought were some good ones (Pirates, Super Heroes, The Incredibles) but he shut me down every time. He said how about we all carry axes. Okay. NO!! My one year old baby girl is NOT carrying around an ax next year. Then how about we all have some kind of weapon. UMm. NO!!So we talked about if for a while longer and I guess we will see if I get what I want next year!!
Anyways...
Last Friday we got the kids all dressed up and went to my dad's office Halloween party.
I think that is their favorite holiday in their office. They go all out! They decorate their cubicles into themes for the trick or treating. This year there was a reptile area where they had a real snake, a huge desert tortoise, and a couple of other huge lizard things on leashes that the kids could pet. They had a Nihao Kailan area, an Avatar area and a Night at the Museum 2 area. My dad was dressed up as Teddy Roosevelt for the Night at the Museum one. The kids get a total kick out of it and get so much candy!!
After they do trick or treating inside they come outside for some pony and horse rides.
Cooper rode too, but he got off before I could get a picture and wouldn't get back on again!
My dad loves showing off all of his grand kids!

They also had a bounce house.
And of course the kids got to be with all of their cousins, so you know they were in heaven!!
This was our attempt to get a picture of all the kids together.
Ben- a baseball player, Makaylin- Minnie Mouse, Aubrey- a cat, Alex-IronMan, Lucy- a pig, Hailey- a vampire, Chloe- a witch, Mavrik- Buzz, Everett- an astronaut, Cooper- IronMan, Nick- a ninja, Jordyn- a ballerina, and Will- a cowboy

So after having our ward trunk or treat, each kid having a party at school and then my dad's party I was all Halloween'd out!!
And I guess my kids were too. Because when I told them we would NOT be trick or treating on Sunday there was no whining!! So we went to my mom's for dinner and some Halloween treats and then came home and handed out candy for the first time since we have been married.

No comments: