Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Only 6!

Everybody who knows Chloe knows that she is an absolute little mama! So of course everyone has been asking if Chloe is is heaven having a little sister. My answer probably hasn't been what most were expecting. She does love her new little sister, but I don't think it has been as fun as she though it was going to be. She does love holding her and does ask quite often. She asks and then I get the baby, have Chloe sit down , I hand her the baby and when she is done I take her back. Aubrey isn't the live baby doll that she thought she was getting to tote everywhere. Her favorite part about having a sister is picking out their outfits, so they match of course and if they don't match, at least try to coordinate colors or hair bows.
And that is how it has been until 2 days ago...

On Monday night we got home from dance and Aubrey was still in her carseat asleep, so I started to make dinner. It was already kind of late, so I was trying to hurry and get dinner in before Chris got home. Aubrey woke up just as I have my hands covered in raw chicken. She only cried for about 2 seconds when Chloe asked if she could get her out of her carseat. I said, "sure." I knew it would be a couple of minutes before I would be done, so I asked if she wanted to feed her. Chloe just lit up! She has been dying to feed her ever since she was born, so I grabbed a bottle of formula and Chloe was on cloud 9. She fed her the whole bottle and didn't even get anyon Aubrey's dress (she is a messy bottle eater)! Then she asked if she should burp her. I said, "sure!" She must have a magic touch because she got a couple really good ones super quick. She then changed a poopy diaper like a pro, put her clothes back on her and then put her in the swing. If she was only 12 she would be ready to babysit!
But NOW, she wants to feed her all the time, which doesn't really work out since I nurse. She wants to bathe her, get her dressed, change her diapers and pretty much take complete care of her. I feel so bad telling her NO all the time, but I want to do all this stuff. I believe this is our last baby and I want to do it all myself. So now I am really trying to be mindful of my little mama. She is such a good helper and I just love my baby girls!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

She is so good with babies! I love all their matching clothes, super cute girls you have!

Lindsey said...

Your little girls are so cute- that has to be nice to have some help and extra hands.

I totally understand about the matching outfits- I used to do it a little with my boys, but that is nothing compared to the girls. It's just too much fun.

Tara said...

I bet shes shes been loving it,, but I can see where your coming from with the wanting to do it yourself. I really think Kadence is our last .. and even though shes super clingy to me.. I secretly love all her attention =) haha. Too bad shes isnt 12 yet..shes be making a ton of good money with all the people who know how well she is with little ones.

Chelsea said...

Wow, that's impressive--to change a diaper and get her clothes back on. That's not an easy thing! And burping with a wobley head! Go Chloe!!! When I have another, you can send her to my house! :)