Meanwhile... the ice cream truck is at the game and my kids are begging me for some. Nick was at bat, so to get them to leave me alone, so I could focus on Nick I told them we all get ice cream if Nick gets a hit. No luck! We go home and the kids tell Nick that everyone gets ice cream when he gets a hit. This makes him happy! Chris went and bought him his own bat, so he could practice with it and use it at games, and hopefully that would make a difference.
Also while we were in Zion Chloe had 3 purple days in a row, which means she was excellent! So she got to have a surprise. Nick was upset that that wasn't fair, so I told him during the week that if he got a hit I would get him the transformer toy that he wanted.
Now it is Saturday morning. We are getting ready for the game. The kids want donuts for breakfast, but we run out of time t go before the game, so on the way to the field I tell them we can get dinuts after IF Nick gets a hit. He said, " soooo, I get donuts, ice cream, and a transformer!!". Me, having totally forgot about the other bribes agreed. And what do you know!! He was the second one up to hit and smacked it good and got to 1st base! I was so proud! And then he got another hit too. It was a good game!
NEW bat- $54.11
transformer toy- $11.94
trip to the ice cream truck for 4 kids- $4.25
half a dozen Winchell's donuts- $4.59
Seeing your son get a hit- PRICELESS!
I get so nervous when I am just watching Nick up to bat that I can't even speak. I am just totally focusing on him. When he doesn't get a hit, my heart just melts and tears come to my eyes. And then my boy walks to the dugout with the biggest grin on his face and everything is okay again. I am so glad that he is able to deal with life's little disappointments so well. And I absolutely love that smile that my boys gives!
4 comments:
That is funny, it is hard to remember what you say sometimes but it worked out good for Nick! Congrats on his hit!!
LOVE that post. Im ALL about bribbing. All the parents use to laugh at use because Jaiden would always look over at dad and be like 1 more goal and I get my toy.. or slurpee or whatever he bribed that day. And you so right>> Seeing your kids when they acomplish somehting like a goal or hit is soo priceless and their so proud of themselves but I doubt more proud than we are of them. Cant wait for our soccer games to start. Go Nick too!! I just LOVE having him in my class hes so sweet and fun =)
Your kids are too smart, remembering all your promises! I'm glad Nick is such a good boy! I am jealous you get to watch your kids play sports, that will be a fun day!
You are such an awesome mom! I love how passionate you are about each one of your kids.
As for the bribes, I was laughing so hard I totally bribe Olivia so that made me feel better to know that I am not the only mom who does it! LOL
Post a Comment