
The kids have been counting down the days for more than a month now, but finally the day arrived and they are back in school. We didn't get our zone variances, so they are at a new school this year and they are very excited to be
Ries Rockets!

It was so crowded at the school that it took us forever to park. By the time we got into the school Nick's class was going in. He ran and jumped in the back of the line and he was gone. We stood there for a little while, as I cried behind my sunglasses. Today was definitely harder on me than it was on them. I can't believe that my baby is in 1st grade already. His teacher is Mrs.
Gorski and she seems really nice. I think his favorite part is eating lunch at school. I guess when he opened his lunch box all the kids asked him if he was going to eat all that. And he said, "I did!".
Chloe and Alex are in the afternoon, so we dropped them off after lunch. It was so nice not to have that extra pick up between the morning and afternoon drop off.

Chloe has a couple of boys from the ward in her class and is just totally excited about being in
Kindergarten.

Alex did so well. I was a little nervous for him being at a new school this year with new teachers and new friends, but he did great! His preschool teachers are Ms. Carrie and Ms. Sandy.

And now it is just me and Cooper all afternoon!
1 comment:
What a fabulous wonderful thing! You and Cooper just hanging out. Wonderful! The kids look so cute, and ready for their first day. I love how they just march in without a care in the world. I remember loving school then too. I hope they have a wonderful year. It must be nice not to have to drive such a distance for school this year.
Post a Comment