Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Boys!

What is happening to my babies?

Cooper turned 18 months last week, so yesterday he officially started nursery. Chris and I helped out in the nursery for the first hour so he was just fine. The second hour the poor little guy didn't stop crying. I know that he will get used to it sooner or later, but I would rather not leave him in there crying for 2 hours. Chris and I have both worked in the nursery long enough to know what it is like to have a screaming child for two LONG hours. And since we have experienced that too many times ourselves we won't be able to do that. Little by little he will get used to it! He looks so little compared to all the other kids.
What will we do when we can finally attend Sunday school and YW/priesthood without a little friend?


This morning when I took Alex to school he told me he wasn't going to cry anymore. I have heard that before, so I really wasn't expecting much. We walked up to the gate and he lined up against it with his teacher and his friends and then told me I could go now. What the heck! I always wait until my kids go into school and my 3 year old tells me to go home. I was very relieved that he is doing so well at school, but in that same moment I was crushed that he doesn't need me anymore.

This morning I told Nick that I love him and he smiled at me. I called Chris and asked him what he did to my little boy. He said he is just going through a phase and is embarassed. I then told him it was at home, no kids from school to make fun of him, just the two of us. So now I continue to tell him I love him until he says it back!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Cooper does look tiny sitting between those big boys! It is fun and hard at the same time to see them get "big" and not need mommy as much!

Shannon said...

Awww...he looks so sweet sitting there. I hear you about not wanting to leave them. I purposefully put Hayleah in another nursery since she seems fine without me because I don't want to continue with the trend my boys have set. Nursery is hard for the first few months, especially at that age. It's naptime for most of them! He'll do great, though. :)

Kim said...

FUn! I can't wait for nursery... I know Cutler is so ready!

Yes...we need to get together! Justin is done hunting for a little while, I think, so we will have to plan something soon!

I have to say if I had my books with me I would be reading them for a 3rd time. But, I gave them all to my sister in laws for them to read. I am going to get The Host and start reading that... hopefully it will distract me for a while to get over my Twilight OBSESSION!

Perry Family said...

Kim and John Young are Maddox's nursery leader in our ward, and they let us take him in a month early!! But it feels wierd not having a baby in my arms all through church.
Nick is growing up so fast...I love how you keep telling him you love him til he says it back!

Danielle said...

Cooper looks so cute! Aidan still cries! It didn't help that we moved though. It is nice that they are getting to be big boys! I can't wait!