Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Long Weekend!






We took advantage of our 3 day weekend and headed to Dumont! It is always so much work to actually get there and get things set up, but it always ends up being so much fun!


Saturday was a little hectic as I was very grumpy from lack of sleep. Sleeping in a 26 foot room with 4 small children is always fun! But by Sunday I was getting used to the no sleep factor and we started to have fun! The kids love being out there and always cry when it is time to leave. Sunday afternoon we took a ride in the Rhino down to vendor row with the kids to get slushies and then down to the dunes to watch some drag races. We were there with the whole ward, so every now and then we asked someone to watch the kids and Chris and I got to go off and do our own thing for a little bit. Kind of scary though! We were in the Rhino and he decided he could make it go up in the dunes even without paddle tires. The scariest part was going over the top not knowing if the other side just dropped off. Chris even scared himself a couple of times, so of course my heart was pounding!


Later that afternoon the girls had a BUNCO game, my first. I loved it! Of course I say that because I won for the most BUNCO's and walked away with $60. After dinner we put the kids to bed and went to Comp Hill for a little while and then went on a ride by ourselves to see the North Pole. It is a cute little pole decorated just like you would picture the North Pole with a little mail box for kids to put their "Wish Lists" in. When we got back to camp we sat around the fire until most everybody else went to bed. And then the pyros in us came out! We started putting random cans in the fire and waiting for them to blow up! The best was a jumbo can of tomato soup!! Fun times!!


The kids had a blast playing in the dirt and running around like crazy with all the other kids! Nick loved riding his bike, Chloe had a blast taking care of her baby in the cold, Alex was in the tools the whole time fixing Chris' bike, and Cooper learned to drink from a straw (that is a very big deal to me)!!! All in all we had a great weekend!!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!

Kim said...

So Cute!! I love your blog! You are really, so creative!
it was a great weekend to be outdorrs!

Danielle said...

Love the changes!! Looks great!

Perry Family said...

Yeah, you are a blogger too!!! It can be so addicting! What a fun weekend you had. It is nice to get out of town to help break up the hum drum of the daily routine (although there is no place like your own bed!)

The Mullins said...

So, that is where the whole ward was. No problem about finding my blog through surfing. About scrapbooking, I am busy tonight, but maybe next time. THanks though

Christene said...

How cute! I love your blog. It was a great weekend wasn't it. Once I get caught up on sleep I feel so much more cheerful. I love having your family out there!

Unknown said...

welcome to blogging! hopefully we can see you guys next week

Tara said...

How Fun!!! Looks like soo much fun!

Danielle said...

Hey you
You didn't tell me you were on here!!!! I wanna go, looks like fun. You will have to bring your lucky streak next time we go the the MOVIES!!!

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

What do you mean you can't write! Everything looks great!!

Janeen said...

Cute blog! Your kids are always so adorable. Looks like you guys had a good weekend.

Lauren said...

Hey there! You have made changes in just the few minutes since I last looked at your blog. Anyhow, lunch was fun see you tonight!